Monday, September 19, 2016

Schedule for Week 5 Reports

I won't be posting this week's 2016 Season Simulation and Bracket reports until tomorrow -- Tuesday.

Today hopefully will be the NCAA's release of its first RPI report for the season and, once they start releasing their reports, I compare my RPI data to theirs before posting my reports.  This allows me (1) to be sure our data are consistent and identify any corrections I or they need to make and (2) to be sure they haven't made any unannounced changes in the RPI formula -- which they occasionally have done in the past.

In addition, with conference play having begun, I need to review my initially simulated conference tournament brackets to see if there are changes I need to make due to conference games whose actual results have been different than my initially simulated results.  This takes a fair amount of time, but it's an important part of the process.  It's particularly important for the Bracket simulation, since conference standings and tournament results are significant factors in the bracket formation process.

This Tuesday publication date for my Simulation reports is likely to continue through the balance of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment